Regional Training Center
Oregon / SW Washington
Painters, Drywall Finishers & Allied Trades Apprenticeship
The Fall Protection class that was canceled due to weather has been rescheduled for Monday, March 3rd at 5:00 pm. The Lead Awareness class has been rescheduled for Saturday, March 15th at 8:00 am. Also, a new class has been added to the schedule: On Thursday February 27th Advanced Finishing Systems will conduct a 4 hour seminar which will start promptly at 5:00pm. You must pre-register. The registration form can be mailed, faxed or delivered in person. Topics of discussion will include:
• New equipment and technology from Graco
• Trouble shooting problems in the field with equipment ( things that are critical that need to done before, during and after application that are necessary for a successful result and to keep your equipment in good operating condition).
• What can you use to be confident that you sprayed material on ratio
• Proper storage of equipment not being used for a period of time
• Safety issues regarding the use of High Pressure airless equipment
• Limitations with regards to certain types of equipment ( air spray, air assisted airless, airless)
As a reminder, when the community colleges announce that they are closed due to weather, the Training Center is also closed and classes are canceled.
Click here to view or print the current class schedule. Please remember that walk-ins are welcome for most classes; however, if not enough people pre-register for a class, it will be cancelled. We recommend you call ahead and ask if the class is still on. Those who register will be contacted by phone if a class is cancelled. You can view the class schedule and download a registration form on this website.
The Regional Training Center provides training to members of three Local Unions in Oregon and SW Washington.
Introductory and advanced classes are available at no charge to Painters, Drywall Finishers, and Traffic Control Painters who are enrolled in the apprenticeship or the journeyman programs.
Painters & Allied Trades Regional Training Center
Gratefully acknowledges significant contributions of
as primary provider of materials and supplies for apprentice and journeyman training.